Founders Award Honors Berard & Dorfman
We are pleased to announce that SH will begin accepting nominations for The Berard-Dorfman Founders Award. The award was established in 2013 to commemorate Drs. Costan W. Berard, and Ronald F. Dorfman, who co-founded the Society for Hematopathology (SH) in 1981.
Potential nominees would include:
- Young Investigator: A young investigator (10 years or less since fellowship training) demonstrating excellence in research (basic or translational) based on a body of work or best paper.
- Mid-Career to Senior Individual: Mid-career to senior individual who has demonstrated excellence in any or all areas of Hematopathology, including teaching, humanitarian contributions, and leadership.
Awards in one or both categories may be given on a yearly basis dependent upon the applicant pool.
- Any member of the SH may nominate a person
- The nominee should be a member in good standing of the SH
- Members currently serving on the SH EXCO or the Awards Committee are not eligible
- Awards committee members will review the nominations and submit a rank order list to the SH Executive Committee (EXCO) by December 31. The EXCO will make the final selection.
The award(s) will be presented at the Sunday Scientific Symposium at the Annual Meeting of the United States and Canadian Association of Pathology. Each award will consist of a certificate and cash prize of $750.